Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer Pasture

When the colts were just a couple of weeks old J.C. and the kids took them up to Franklin, Idaho (aka Heaven if you're a horse). I haven't seen them since. It just so worked out that Saturday J.C. had to meet someone up there to get stuff for his truck, so all of us went on a drive with him. The first picture is when we found the horses. It kind of reminded me of Man From Snowy River. We have a total of five horses up there. The rest belong to a couple of friends of ours. We counted 36 in all and I believe they were going to bring a couple more up later. This colt is a crack up. She loves people. I hope she doesn't get to be a pain later on. When I would rub her she would turn her butt into me and back up just so I would scratch it.
This is our 2 year old. She is a full sister to the roan colt with the stripe down her face.
Notice the roan colts ears. They got chewed up right after she was born. Boo hoo

3 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

Awesome! Beautiful pics. and beautiful country. You are the Woman from Snowy River!

Coopercomics said...

That really does look like horse heaven..so pretty!

Allison said...

I have never wished I was a horse before today! ;)