Sunday, April 26, 2009

Demolition. Day 2





Holy cow, I was just typing and everything erased. Now I will start all over again.

Today is my sister in law Stacie's birthday. I almost just typed told how old she turned. hee hee. We went to their house and had hamburgers and other yummy treats. We also got to listen to 5 little kids running around screaming. Fun.
Anyways happy big __ Stacie.

Back to the demolition, we didn't spend too much time out there today. I hauled a trailer load of stuff out there and then I put the kids to work. They are great workers. They chipped away at that dang tile for a solid 2 hours. And by george they have almost got it all out of there. I puttered around changing light bulbs and then I unclogged the sink we aren't changing in one of the bathrooms. That drain had my number too. It should have taken me maybe 10 minutes, instead I fiddled around with it for 30. I finally called my dad. Within 2 minutes It was fixed. Then Josie cleaned out the bath drain. Talk about gross. Yuck. Then the kids and I pulled the border down and scrubbed all the glue off the walls.
Tomorrow I plan to prepare the walls in the bathroom and then get to painting.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Remember to take LOT of pictures. I always love looking at my before and after pics of what we have done for our house.
We refied our home this year and we showed the appraiser our before and after pics and we got an extra $10,000 in our appraisal because he didn't realize how bad shape it was before.
Good luck!!!

Evvie Turley said...

Wow, you guys are really moving! It is going to be so nice for you! I can't wait to see the finished product. You are so much tougher than me. I hate home improvement projects with a passion. Ugh, I'm just not cut out to be a manual laborer!

Anonymous said...

You are a busy women! It looks like your kids are great helpers. I can't wait to see the finished product. I bet it will be just beautiful.