Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finally




What a long process this has been(and it's still not totally over). But we got good news today. Is it ok to start a sentence with a but? Anyways the underwriters finally came back with an approval on our loan. Thank goodness. I was getting a little stressed. We've already got a lot of money into this house and I was worried that if we didn't get it J.C. would not let me even try for a long time again. I don't know if I would have wanted to either.
Here are a few more pictures of it. These pictures don't do it justice on how filthy it really is though. At least now my dad can be happy to finally see what it looks like. Like I said "It's a fixer upper." I am so happy though and I can't wait until we close in a couple of weeks to start really working on it.

In other family news the kids start soccer this week. Tomorrow Dixon and Mercedes have their first games of the year. Josie is not playing this year. I think she is holding out for softball. She got to go on a field trip today. They went to the bird refuge. I think it's like her 3rd or 4th time going there for a field trip. Owell with the times were in now I think it's good they even got to go there. Plus I don't think the kids care, they're just happy to get away from school for the day. J.C. and a friend spent the weekend in Kanab lion hunting. How unfair is that? I got to spend the last week preparing the house we are in now to sell. The realtors did their tour today and I must say it looked great. I had a lot of help from J.C.'s aunt and cousins getting it ready. Even my brother in law Joe spent a couple of days here working his magic in all things carpentry. I got a little choked up after I found out we are really getting to move. I really love this house and our neighbors and ward. It's going to be sad to leave, but I'm going to be so happy to have land again. Yea

8 comments:

Coopercomics said...

Congrats on the house Steph!! I am so excited for you and your sweet family. If you ever need someone that can work the elbow grease, or a paint brush..then let me know!

Evvie Turley said...

Congratulations! I'ms so happy and excited for you! It looks like a really cute house. The kitchen looks big too-nice...you will have it looking tip top in no time and it's so nice to have some space to stretch out-inside and out! Yay for you guys! Good luck with soccer and all.....FUN!

tina said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you!! And glad I found you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family. It is so much work when you move but, so worth it. I love the fire place. The kitchen looks nice sized too. Good for you guys!!!

Trinity said...

Congrats on the house. You really are blessed to get a house and start fresh in this economy. I would hate to move away from our ward and neighbors too but land is always a plus.

Scott & Jennifer said...

Whaa-HAAA-WHooo!!! LAND!!



Luv ya Big Babe!!!

Jenise said...

For a fixer upper it sure looks good. Congrats!

Cari said...

Hey Steph! It was good to hear from you. I love the house and land, it looks like you have a fun life. My kids would love all the animals. I don't know the Jacksons, but they live really close to me. I don't remember how I found their blog, but they always inspire me and I am now terrified of little kids eating apples.