Sunday, February 22, 2009

I used to be Italian, now I'm Irish


Really, I did think I was Italian. FOREVER. I thought gosh I have a big nose, all the Italian maffia guys do too, I must be. Plus for some reason Gillespie sounded Italian to me.

My hubby thought it was his great mission in life to make me come to know I was Irish. He pointed out that Gillespie is in fact an Irish name. I have red hair and a temper like nobody's business also.

I fought him tooth and nail for quite awhile until we were visiting my parents and he brought it up with my dad. They both had quit a laugh over me. But I did come to realize that I am Irish. At least now I can say "Kiss me I'm Irish."

That year after I finally realized my true heritage he bought me a cute little shirt for Christmas. It say "Everyone loves an Italian girl" Ha Ha.

P.S. Like the picture of me. I thought I would show off my big nose. My girls took this picture of me. They got bored after sitting at a barrel race for 2 days. I have to say I look bored too.

3 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

Ok, so I wish we were Italian too! Somehow that seems much more glamorous to me than being Irish, but hey, we can't really change who we are! Rats! That is sooooo funny!
Thanks for your last comment on my blog. You know you can ALWAYS call me! I am here for you and will probably just start bawling with you if needs be. :) Life is really hard sometimes but it's so good to know I have good sistas I can lean on. Thanks for your sweet comment and support. I love and MISS you too! Do you have any plans to come down this way this year?!! Hope so! Luv ya, girl!

Trinity said...

Italians have the quite the temper as well. You may have a little in you somewhere.
Be happy you have a whole Holiday set aside for you.

George Family said...

LOL Your funny!