Tuesday, October 7, 2008




So I haven't posted for awhile again because my camera is not working. I think I have dust in my lense that won't let it open. Anyways I decided to go through old pictures and see what was on them. I found these ones of the kids. I had caught a snake this day and I took it into the house to show my kids. I thought they would freak out. Instead Mercedes and Dixon loved it. Josie kept her distance, but these two wanted to hold it. My neices were there too and they both held it also. I was way impressed.

J.C. is still guiding in Wyoming. He came home this weekend for a couple of days. He has been gone for 4 weeks and has 2 more weeks left. They have done really well this year. Almost every hunter has filled their tags and J.C. even had one hunter who might get in the record books with a bull elk he shot. He shot it with a bow from 10 yards and it is an 8 point nontypical bull. I will post pics as soon as I can download them from his camera.

I have still been going to barrel races every week. Right now I am in the lead to win a saddle. There are 2 races left so a lot can still happen. The funny thing is the girl I haul with is only one point behind me. We laugh about how close we are. I just hope if I don't win it that she does. We would both be really bummed if someone else snuck in there and beat both of us. I'll keep ya all posted about this as it goes along and I am going to scan a picture of me running someday.

Ok I better go ride, I've been on this computer for way too long this morning.

3 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

Hey Steph! Those pics. are cute and I'm sad for you with your camera not working. That happened to me and I just had to buy a new one a while back.
Sounds like J.C. is doing great! I must be hard having him gone that much though!
Dan's cousin, Collin, did make the BYU football team. I will have to find out his number so we can watch to see if he gets playing time.
GOOD LUCK on the barrels! You win that saddle, girl! That's awesome....

Luv ya!

Trinity said...

That is pretty impressive about the snake. I think our kids learn from us. If were scared of something they are as well and vise vera. My kids would have run screaming. My girls anyway.
That's wonderful that you are still racing so much. You must be pretty awesome. Good luck on the next two races.
I'm sorry that your husband is gone so much. I think that would be really hard. But you probably get use to it and just do what you have to do.
I can't wait to see some pictures of you in a race.
Oh and tell your kids I think their way tough. As if they didn't already know.

Coopercomics said...

You better watch out! I am going to go and enter that barrel race and win that saddle...I am a sneeky gal. No...I have no horses..but my family used to. I loved it. I am jealous of the fun stuff you guys get to do! Did you know that my hubby DJ works with your Dad??? He likes him alot, but who wouldn't? Right?