Friday, September 12, 2008

Redhead Ramblings

You know what just drives me crazy? When people put up holiday decorations way way before that holiday. Today I was driving my kids to school and a neighbor down the street has their house decorated for Halloween already. What? Last year a few other neighbors had their Christmas decorations up the day after Halloween. Are you kidding me? I love the holidays, but can we just enjoy one and get it over with before we move on to the next?

Ok. So that is my little rant for now, but be prepared for many more to come. As a redhead I have a reputation to upheld. And if any of you other redheads out there have anything else to add I'de love to hear from you too.

5 comments:

Trinity said...

I absolutely agree. I was shocked to find Halloween decorations in the stores along with the school supplies last month. I'm actually sick of deoorating for Holidays altogether. Now that's pretty hum-bug.

Coopercomics said...

I hear you loud and clear on that one. I thought that I saw a pumpkin on someone's front porch the other day...I almost went up to it and smashed it, then I realized that #1 that could be illegal. And #2 people do grow those kinds of things around here, and that could possibly be their dinner... So I showed restraint and drove on.

Scott & Jennifer said...

Yea, I wanted to cry when I saw Christmas stuff show up in stores LAST month...that would be August!

WAY TOO EARLY!!

But I'll tell ya what's a little weird; fall is at the door step in Utah... some outdoor activities will be put on hold until late spring NEXT year. Here in Louisiana, it's starting to cool down enough that people are coming out to play! They/we are getting all excited to get the bikes out and actually run OUTSIDE vs. the treadmill, people will start to picnic and go for long walks. It's not the "Utah" average mind set that I have when I think of "fall".

FUNNY!

Love ya sweetie! WE NEED TO CHAT and catch up!

Anonymous said...

I find it to be so irritating on so many levels. 1- I would like my children to know in what order the holidays really do come in. Instead of my littler ones being confused as to what is next. 2-Christmas decorations in September you have got to be kidding! So that is my venting for now anyway!

Kilie Rainey said...

im pretty sure this is not just a redhead thing. haha.. i vent all the time! its therapy! lol... but i agree with you. love the holidays but lets not push it. basically its the way i grew up. my mom always puts dec. up like literally the day of. haha. we are really good like that. i miss you guys! hope life is going good!!