Monday, September 8, 2008

Yellowstone trip over Labor Day






So this past Labor Day we went to Yellowstone with my in laws. I have never been there before, so I was way excited. We camped out in their trailers North of West Yellowstone in a campground and drove into Yellowstone everyday. It was so nice just to be away from town for awhile. Sunday we just hung out in the campground and the kids cought frogs in the river. Also as you can see my 145 lb. of twisted steel and sex appeal husband decided to be brave and take a little swim. This is only after all the kids had already dove into the river. For those of you who know him at all know what kind of a wuss he is with cold water.

After we got home I had to hurry and fulfill part of my duty with the PTA. I am in charge of birthday table. This includes writing all of the kids names and their birthdays on a little thing, like a tree or a sun or a four leaf clover. It all depends on the month. Then I cut them out and I have a big board in the school I decorate and I put these on them. Next I make invitations for all these kids each month and I write their names on them and sort them out into each teachers box. Then I order cupcakes and on the Friday of birthday table I decorate the cafateria for them. I also ordered for their prizes this year a really cool cougar paw cup, and a zipper pull with a paw that says McKinley Cougars on it, and some paw erasers. Then all the kids come eat with their parents or whoever comes and they get their prizes and cupcakes. This month I had 101 kids to do this all for. We have just under 600 students in the school, which means I get to write a lot of names down. Thank goodness that is over, well until about two more weeks when I get to start October's birthdays.

Well I'm also a widower for the next month and a half. My hubby is off to Wyoming to guide again. He just loves this time of year, and looks forward to it all year long. He would love to buy one of the hunting camps there. I get a little queesy thinking about it. The camp he wants you have to pack everything up there and it is a four mile pack trip. Argh.

Anyways, did anyone notice the paragraphs? J.C. gave me such a hard time about my last post. So I will now put paragraphs in.

7 comments:

Scott & Jennifer said...

Hey Woman!

Looks like you've had a fun filled summer!!! i love being able to see all you've been up to.

miss ya!

Trinity said...

Yellowstone how fun. It looks beautiful. It's on our list to do. I'm just not sure when that will happen.

PTA, good for you. But couldn't you have picked something a little less time consuming. Just kidding.

Evvie Turley said...

How fun! I haven't seen Yellowstone yet either and your pics. sure make me want to go! I can't believe you have to do all that birthday stuff-that is major! I'm sure the kids and parents adore you for it and enjoy their day because of it. Way to go, Mom! I should start something like that at Quint's school. That would be fun! :)

Coopercomics said...

I love, love Yellowstone. It is so fun to take kids there. I bet you guys had a blast!

I just barely started PTA...there are like 10 of us. For the whole Kanab Elementary. I can feel your crazy busy-ness....and I enjoy it!

(makes me feel like I am not the only multi-tasker that I know)

Jon and Janice said...

Hi there busy little mom. It was fun to catch up on what your family is up to. I checked your blog for a long time and there wasn't anything new. Then when you wrote on Jen's I thought I would check in to see what you're going. Your girls are beautiful and the little cowboy looks like he would keep you movin. Later, Janice

Allison said...

I'm so excited to have a way to keep in touch with you now. I suck at the phone and am worse at mail but email and blogs I can handle! How are things up there? We are loving life. How is the fam down in Kanab? I haven't heard much about them lately. Hope all is well. Keep in touch!

Hafen's said...

We want to go to yellow stone too someday...but for now our vacations only go as far as Az. Any untraveled territory and it is a recipe for disaster. Vacations with the kids always sound fun until we get there and then Tyler and i are planning our own get away. I love your commentary, it cracks me up. Your girls are darling doing the whole rodeo thing. I know I don't get it....Great job on the PTA I didn't even sign up to be a room mom. What a looser of a mom I am :)