Wednesday, August 5, 2009

An Update. FOR REAL

So sorry if I caused anyone any grief over yesterdays post. I just couldn't help myself. We have had a very busy summer. Working on the house and the yard. Kids baseball, and getting the girls' pig and steer ready for the fair. Which is only a few weeks away already. It seems like I just posted about last years fair too. We had a combined birthday party for Josie and Mercedes on Saturday. Josie's birthday was the first of June, but due to horse camp and the end of school plus moving we never had a party for her. Poor girl. Here is a picture of her at the party. I put it in here so everyone could see my nice particle board floor. Beautiful isn't it?
Well we finally got our real floors in. J.C. and I did it ourselves. Mostly J.C. I just helped hammer some planks, hold the boards while he cut them, and vacuum. ALOT.
Here is a picture of the finished product. The sun was starting to go down so the picture isn't the best and there is a ton of dust on the floor, but owell.
And here is J.C. enjoying a break after all his hard work. I was so proud of him. The floors turned out so beautiful. We still have to put the baseboards down and do the trim around some other edges, but it is finally coming together. I also had the electricians wire my living room so I can put a ceiling fan with a light in there. There were no light in there before. I'm still looking for a fan that I really like though. I want kind of a rustic/western light, but most of the ones I have seen so far are really cheesy.

8 comments:

The Finch's said...

The floors are beautiful. Thanks for the real update Steph. It looks like you are all doing well. What have you been upto while the kiddos have been in Kanab?

Weston and Christy said...

Looks great! We have done that in both of our homes and we really like it!! I really like the color too.

Jenise said...

I love your floor. It looks very pretty. I want the same.

Trinity said...

Wow, handy man and wife. What a pair. What a change from particle board. I'm sure you'll appreciate it even more. Great job.
I can't even remember the last time I saw you in person. Time flys by way too fast.

Kathy Fuhriman said...

The floor looks really good. I love the color and is an improvement over particle board ;}
You are having fun in the process anyway, right?

Evvie Turley said...

It looks great, Steph! I sure wish we could make a trip up there to see you guys. Miss you! I hope your summer didn't completely wear you out, but I'm thinking it did. School is starting on Monday, it's a "thank goodness" and "oh bummer" at the same time. We're just trying to keep our bills paid and heads above water these days. We need to catch up!

Scott & Jennifer said...

the floor looks good enough for a dead cow trick!

:-)

luvs and hugs

Scott & Jennifer said...

ya know what... for those that don't know the story behind that comment about the dead cow trick... it probably sounds rude... Sorry if I offended anyone...

I love your floor!!