Saturday, January 17, 2009

Redhead Ramblings

So this morning I wake up, turn the t.v. on and watch Bathroom Renovations on the DIY channel. I love that channel. I also think Amy Mathews rocks. Man, I would love to be able to do all she does. Finally I decide I best be getting up and getting on with the day. I go into my bathroom to shower and I start to look around at my ugly wallpaper in there. Then I get a brilliant idea. I'm going to paint my bathroom today.
I get busy taking down the towel racks, cleaning out my cabinets, and doing whatever else a person does to get a room ready to paint. This was at 9 am. Fast forward to 9 pm and I am sore, my fingers hurt and my bathroom is scary. I am barely done stripping wallpaper and scrubbing glue off the walls. I must say I had a couple of good helpers though. Josie liked to pull the paper off while Mercedes liked to scrub the remaining glue. My hubby on the other hand told me I needed to give him warning before I started a project like that. In other words so he could make sure he was far from here.
My project I thought I could finish in a day is going to turn into a few more days I'm afraid. I wonder if I can get the crew from Over Your Head to come help me finish. Because I think I am over my head once again.

6 comments:

George Family said...

Ok first of all why redhead? I know all about the bright ideas of one day renovations. We had tile in our entry way and I got the brilliant idea to take it out not knowing I had to chisel all the crap off to make it smooth to lay the wood floor. It took us like 2 weeks to get it done right. You will love it when it is done so good luck!

Brant and Jana said...

Stephanie,
It was great to here from you Your husband must guide in Wyoming sometimes right? We are about 3 hours from Salt Lake!

Cody &; Angie McDonald said...

Hey you. It's been forever. My kids were tubing out on the clay hills by the old dump. That's the only place we could make it to without getting stuck. They did enjoy the hills by the baseball field as well but, they had four wheelers and sleds for that part. Anyway your family is so cute. Looks like your staying busy. Talk to you soon

Kilie Rainey said...

your sooooo lucky! if i didnt get into sports as i got older... horses would still be my life too.. i miss my horse! and now marlie wants one.. so im hoping that we find another one soon!:)..ha... i still have a couple friends i ride with on ocasion. its differnt in the city though:) .. lovee it! such a cool habit. also lucky for you to have kids:) haha.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I over do it all the time, then after I am to far into it to stop I think, "What have I got my self into?" I am so glad to know I am not the only one who does this.

Allison said...

Are you for hire? I have a few rooms I would love to have you come and paint for me!